· Recommend Us
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 37 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
thedarkisles.com :: View topic - Items unequiping on transition during combat.
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Items unequiping on transition during combat. View next topic
View previous topic
Azary

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just had this happened I know it happens on death.

But during a fight, I transitioned to hopefully have only 1 of the mobs follow me through. But my amulet of ages and Ring of the Guardian angel got removed and knocked into my inventory.... is there a way to stop this?

was wondering why they were constantly hitting me after I transitioned and it was because the amulet and ring got removed when I transitioned....
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

items with regen will unquipts from you, this is to prevent youf rom laying there and bleeding indefinately, due to the bleeding system in place. scripts are suppsoed to requipt but dont always , so keep always good to check upon a raise of respawn

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They de-quip when you die so you don't bleed forever :).

edit: Didn't see Misty's update /o\
Jamoise

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For awhile there, I had shifter hides get unequiped into my inventory because they had regen attached to them, the only problem is, they still worked when they were in the inventory. so pretty much I was unable to die, I ended up throwing out the hides in the trash, and tried not to use regen on forms that would merge it with the hide, but it seems to have been fixed now anyway I think. as in, It seems whenever im in a form with regen on the hide, when you go to bleeding, you get shifted out(then you no longer have the hide of the creature obviously), then regen items removed. but if you don't have any regen items, or regen built into the form(vampire for example), you stay in the form until you bleed out.
Azary

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No I didn't mean on death, I know about the death thing.

I was fighting the mobs in glacier pass 2, decided to draw the glacier rogue to the transition and fight him on the other side. I had my amulet and ring equipped, but when I got to the other side the rogue was constantly hitting me, never missing. Checked the log and he was hitting me on rolls of 54... which is the ac my char has without the amulet on.

Which meant that the transition caused the amulet to remove itself. Since I finished off the first group without too much difficulty, rested then transitioned.... The amulet was equipped at combat start.... it wasn't after I transitioned during the fight and drew the rogue alone on the other side.
Jamoise

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dodge bonus is lost if your just standing there (which you would be if you just transitioned) and the creature is hitting you before you've had a chance to get control of your character, if you have a high dodge bonus character that doesn't have the feat that stops you from being caught flat footed(and feat only stops you from loosing the dodge bonus from dexterity not dodge bonuses from items like + dodge bonus from boots and other feats), then you will get hit every time, even if you have a character that only has a small dodge bonus, if your at the limit of being hit, loosing that dodge bonus of a 3 - 5 AC could mean being hit not much to being hit quite a few times more.

Im not sure what your character wears, but if she is a monk, or someone who has high dex and wears cloth or leather, then you fall into that category, if you are not physically attacking someone or in a combat stance, then you will get hit alot until you are.

and loosing your amulet and ring was due to you dying and it being unequiped to stop you from healing while bleeding out, I don't think it is related to your AC loss, your AC loss, sounds like your dodge bonus being lost by being caught flat footed.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic