· Recommend Us
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 32 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
thedarkisles.com :: View topic - Few Suggestions
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Few Suggestions View next topic
View previous topic
Crog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The new rogues in Silverhedge are bit difficult, as any mob that has a large group with sneak attacks, while their exp reward is slightly low. It may be good to slightly weaken the mob or at least make it more attractive. Similar is with the Gravediggers or whatever those zombies in Glasston crypts are called, their relatively good dmg, large hp and ab does not reflect itself in the exp, Banshees in the same arena are weak due the fact simply wearing the belt with death immunity protects against most of their attacks rendering the mob as an easy kill. I am not making those claims because I think it's too easy or hard but it does make players move away from non attractive hunting areas with better ones available.

If items up to +5 are available for purchase, maybe with the new changes in the armor department, it would be good to add more dex belts available in shops, right now the only one is a +3. Just to be fair str belts are more common and easy to get. This is more to make easier for the new dexers, later on in the game it's all fine, but their heavy dependance on AC through dex is a factor in initial stages.

I am not sure am I right on this, but I don't see many shields available (at least better ones above +6), while DI modifications made it worthy to take 2h weapons, the shields are very rare in better drops or on markets for the 1h weapons folk. You need to take into account that 2h weapons already tend to compensate for shield with additional AC bonus and the much better dmg range, therefore, it would be good to see them more common.
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a great deal of items throughout the server that are for sale that go up to a +6, there is also a crafting system that is doable to +9, the stores sell up to plain + 6 for the most part the more specialtiy items both created via the bioware/ cep addins are standard in the drops, as well as some higher level items. that is random depending on area and the mobs dropping them as well as the player or toon that is doing the hunting..its a math system built into the game , and unless a specific chest is placed into every area to tell it differntly... well resourses could get out fo hand rather quickly... resources yet they are nice to have, can also be a real issue to do with lags, the abilties of DM's to log in and run those events you all like so much.

Items in the store do go up to + 5 to 6 depending on items and they are the standard items.. if you have not found a belt or boots ect that dont go past + 3 then you havent been looking in the right places.

As the module is more a part time thing even though we do spend a great deal of time fixing this or that, changing this or that , adding this or that and removing this or that, according to roleplay, or revamping an area, as I have stated in game many times, its an ongoing thing, and areas are being revamped as I have time, as I do have a real life as well and there are also the issues with the Subraces... do I set things so subraces can only do.. or that everyone can do with a bit of a challenge. And I do use the keyword here, As I have the Time. I dont get paid for this, nor do the DM's that aid me in anything, We all volunteer our time.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

in the past year, a good many of the drops and items have been redone, and many items were expanded out to take into account all levels of character play, through the drop system we now use on the server. The greater part of the crafting system has been redone where items now carry through to + 12. The legendary items currently are usable before the items that drop. Once enchanting is in place, this will correct the item level restriction of the legendary item to what drop items currently run at, as it ups the value of the item. If it is feasible at this time I may relook at bringing all items up to a + 14, currently that is still just an a idea on then drawing board.

Many of the creatures are also being looked at, some have already been redone. New gods have been added to the module to expand on player experiences and choices. The server is an ongoing process, that changes due to events, players RP, and time permitting the staff and admin of the Isles. I know there is still a great many things to do, and as they are done will be added into announcements or fixes.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic