· Recommend Us
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 29 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
thedarkisles.com :: View topic - Too much money :D
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Too much money :D View next topic
View previous topic
Crog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think people who play for more than let's say 3 months end up in a situation they have way more money that they can possibly spend - i.e. it creates a situation where the player to player services for coin simply do not hold much value (except for RP purpose).

It's just a maybe but I think it would be good to set up a shop where you can buy let's say up to +8 items with and/or some special stuff as well but the jump in prices in such store should be enormous - let's say in couple of mils or a dozen or so at least (anyway not a very good deal - but then again a very good one indeed due to influx of money and purchasing things right away instead of walking and waiting around for them)

Some players are unlucky when it comes to their drops but they have a lot of money saved up so such service would be very profitable plus it would set up the "standards" for even player to player trade.

Another thing is the money loss system, I just think that 100 000 coins loss limit is too little it should be at least 20% of the coins on the player at the time of death.

I also wonder it would be cool to be able to buy (for money) certain pets - the problem with buying a pet you cannot summon or unsummon is simple it is likely to get killed but here we could use a leash item.

You could buy a leash that gives you a chance to summon certain creature once a day (not sure naming such would be possible).

So we could buy for example a "war hound" leash level 5 and we are able to summon such creature. To buy stronger verions i.e. higher levels we spend much more money so let's say we could buy a level 5, 10, 15, 20 and maybe for some special exotic creatures even 25 or 30 (but for bags of coins).

Pretty much anything just to spend, spend and spend - crafting will for sure make this much better but it will take much time and the crafters also need something to spend their coins on.
BoiledMoose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess it all depends on how much you loot stuff, or what you do with the loot.

There was a long time there when Meat was just throwing all the loot into trash barrells if it was enchanted because he didn't know what it was, ergo it was useless to him.

Some of my characters have gotten to level 40, been around for months and months and wouldn't have reached two million coins yet.

Though with the crafting coming in, the economy is going to shift a bit I imagine, people offering coins for supplies, then selling their created items at high costs...

Would like to see a super shop though, in a hard to reach location, with gear suitable for characters of level 30 through to 60. Something to aim for, rather than hope and wish. :p
olwe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i have 6 chararacters and some almost 11 monthes old, i have never on eany one had more then 5 milion i know stop selling my good armor to the shops but other than that 3 of 6 never made there first million yet wt -- :)

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic