· Recommend Us
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 51 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
thedarkisles.com :: View topic - As you enter the server...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

As you enter the server... View next topic
View previous topic
thomas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are given a good number of OOC messages. I am wondering if it is possible to have an advertisement for all the "Public" guilds. Such as the Estoan Knights, and Bounty hunters. This way new players can see that there is a DM supported faction available for them to join. An OOC disclaimer can also state that other factions do exist and are there to be found.
thomas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any word on this?
KarlVader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like this idea but there is already a lot to read in the ooc area. I wonder if maybe there would be a way to IC'ly advertise these guilds. Help wanted signs or the like *laughs*

I am an evil Giraffe, I will eat more than I should so that other Giraffe's will die.
blankrubix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Signs outside of the guildhalls would be a start.
A little something outside the Eostan temple.. The boat to spellshroud, and the Kinmoku (can never spell that) docks giving a little explanation about the guild and recommendations on who to talk to would be nice.

Mostly though as long as there is plot that actively involves the various factions, new players will start to hear about them in game and will be likely be tempted to join em.

In case anyone reading this does want to get involved..

If you want to join the Just and Noble Paladins talking with Spelman would be the best start.

If you are interested in the Good, Balanced.. and the Darker side of the martial arts speak with these people:
White hand Monks your reps are: Merin Tear, Kiriel and a couple of others
Grey Hand: Quinian
Black Hand: Moric.. And I think another, whos name escapes me

Mages interested in joining Spellshroud would be best talking to the Archmage Darius.. There should be other members but I dont know who is for sure.

Last I heard Hand was interested in starting up the Bounty hunters again, so he may be a good start in that respect.

Anyone whos interested in the Orcs should talk to Alvita (my char) the Orc leader Kilgor and the other fine Orc chars, this lot can tell you all you need to know about playing one.

Likewise if your interested in being a Werewolf a good first step is hanging out with Lizzy... Or uncovering the more secretive and less drug addled ones.

Wood elves seem to be up and coming, if you want to find out more about them have a chat with Calulith and Isendir

There are a number of Drow players who you can talk to to find out more about their society.. The best recommendation would be Elithruilduil Nailo

There are also a bunch of secretive factions you will have to investigate a fair bit if you want to join. The Thieves, Assassins and Kalarosan Knights...
Prospective thieves should know that the taverns around Lorhedge are known to be pretty shifty.

Bards are more a bunch of individuals than any group.. But I highly recommend talking with Durian, that should get you into some good plot.

Druids also not exactly a faction currently.. But Rill'annia is usually working on something important so likewise any nature lovers should be sure to speak with her.
Valten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Think the wood elves can be blended with any druids and other nature orientated players (for the neutral/good bent of it).
Cyberpsi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well thought out and written Rubix.
Yes darius has made it known the Spellshroud is looking for interested Arcane arts practioners. Sorry i have not had him on more. Between work and the ongoing events of late, it just hasn't been so easy to do since Rill'annia is an integral part of the major Story line.

I have made IC mention as Rill about the Druids of Green Edge. I also have considered a Druidic Council as an idea for a Player Joinable Guild.
So far nothing ha been formally organized for such. Between work and other Real Life concerns, i have not had as much time.

My best suggestion is to speak with Darius In Game when he is around :)
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Blank Rubix :) , I will see what I can do about some posting getting the factions a little more up and running, new factions are possible if someone has the notion and the time to work and run them, as well as recruit others for them. As DM's we will also be happy to run quests for said factions, and ideas that you may have for them, please PM Dark or myself.

Please do not mix races/subraces with faction/guilds, with the exception at this point in time of the Ungaranth Orcs, the subraces are not set up as factions, nor guilds at this time. Blank has pointed out very well a few that would gladly give you information on races, and I know they are more then happy to have the RP.

Someone was talking to me about starting an Elven Council for the elves in Lia'Didrias, but at this point it is still open for discussion. If the player interest is there, we are here to help the RP along.

The guilds are currently being set up, any questions concerning them please feel free to PM us DM's here or catch us in game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bumping this.

An NPC from EACH DM FACTION in sensual would be amazing, an NPC that explains its philosophy (without spoilers) in a dialogue so it doesn't require a DM or player to explain repetitively. Joining can still remain on a PC/DM basis.
Azary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well there are the god books.... could always add books about each guild .... just would have to make the library much more obvious... and some sort of sign urging people to use it.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic