· Recommend Us
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 31 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
thedarkisles.com :: View topic - Den'ere's Curse
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Den'ere's Curse View next topic
View previous topic
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den ‘ere felt the pain as one of her own was lost to the darkness when the little druid female accepted the darkness, taking it into her heart. She knows not how but the connection lost brought about her tears that shed upon the lands of all the isles that are held within the mist. The lightening showed her anger and hatred of the darkness she worked so hard to hold in check to keep the balance within the lands.

The ground under people’s feet seemed to be uneasy, almost restless till the little druid entered the streets of Sensual leaving the protection of the Inn. The ground seemed to open as the great root of the Oak that runs through all the lands raised upward from deep beneath the stone cobbles of the city streets. It did not take long for Den ‘ere to take the form of tree from this very root, standing tall in front of the young druidess. The winds picked up bringing with them the whispers of the Elshara and the words of the curse that would forever hold to the young druidess, less she find her way back from this darkness, this evil that threatens all her children. As people around the city began to appear watching this site with amazement the young druidess was transformed into a snake, a serpent of the darkness she held in her heart.

Den'ere's Curse

Den'ere: you had the love of the land nurtured by those that would have cared for you yet your path is darkened with your cold heart ..... - The winds whirl about - should you wish to sleep among the snakes....

Den'ere: then young one till your path is true from this day forth I curse you... Sleep among them you lay with them ......

Den'ere: - the young females body begins to change scales forming on her skin ... her body must feel the pain of this curse as it stretches outward in length and she falls to the ground taking a new form -

The curse now laid the tree turns to a root again and sinks back into the ground… the spot healed by the divine intervention of the Elshara as though she had never been there. Hours later the steady drizzle of rain and lightening seem to dissipate leaving only the feelings of Den’ere’s remorse and emptiness of her own loss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elisha stayed in the Sacred Grove of the Green Mother for many hours, long after the dwarf returned to his smithing, the old dragon had returned to his home and the welcoming embrace of his mate, and longer than the snake lay curled into the grass. The discussion had her troubled, something about what the disgraced druid said, piquing her natural curiosity, and tripping her mother's instinct of a child who was telling the truth, but perhaps not all of it. She had been a mother herself, with the Green Mother's cherished blessing by now for long enough to know that a child would bend the truth enough to not be perceived as at fault.

Mother's tears were not unknown for those were the trees weep, the mournful breezes and the sighing felt throughout the land. The Green Mother still wept, a mother's heart stung somehow, that Elisha was certain in her own heart, for the land only grieved so with the sorrow of the Green Mother, one so strong that even the emergence from their own hidden home somewhere in the forest of the little playful ones, Mother's cherished pixies could lift her spirits. Even as she slipped away, seeking a place to search the meaning she was certain the Green Mother, Den ‘ere sought for her to find in what the disgraced druid had said alongside the grumbling of the dwarf that had come with Horus.

Elisha herself was a mother, of two sometimes misbehaving children who while loving could get up to quite a bit of mischief knew when a child was speaking a truth without revealing all of it. She was certain, quite clearly that the little one was speaking truly of a curse, for that was evident in the physical shape of the little druid. But what words had Den ‘ere used, the little one had not said. Elisha strongly suspected there was more to it than she had yet been told. As such, before she could make up her mind, more information must be gathered. Elisha realized that she would have to search out the truth in the wilds of all the lands, which meant she would have to travel much farther than her cherished woods, dare to brave the chaos and unrest of the wider isle. How Harad hated her to leave unaccompanied, but she could not wait, needing to gather information before summoning the others for a Council meeting.

Reluctantly, Elisha looked up at the mantle where Harad had lovingly placed her prized weapons, her cherished bow and gleaming Kamas to keep them first out of the reach of small hands and partly to pay homage to the fact that she, at least had been able to "retire" to the forest she loved to raise their family. Sighing deeply she reached to pull them down, careful to leave the hooks in place so that when her tasks on the Green Mother's behalf were complete they could be replaced. One did not venture from the shelter of Rose Burrow Village without taking care to be able to defend one's self; the lands were often perilous and those whose paths were not so gentle as that of Den ‘ere.

There was one final thing she needed before she could venture out into the isles beyond the forest of Lia'Dridias; Harad’s old cloak, the one he had given her during a darker period of her life, a time when friend and foe wore the same face. The leather creaked in protest as she opened it to wrap herself in the oversized length of tooled black leather, with its still-white wool lining still after so many years able to hear his words, Keep it, as it will protect you in the times that my blade and board are not present to do so. Harad wore it only rarely, and only for short periods of time; kept his scent fresh in it, knowing that Elisha would feel his presence, even when so close to the wilds she loved to remind her to use her skills and senses that she relied on her senses when her mind reeled and tumbled.

Donning it she closed the door after their two children ushering them to visit the druids for their regular lessons waving at them in parting before heading to Sensual. Sensual, the city of cold stone and strange doings, it always seemed to be a hub of activity and a great deal of unpleasantries. She wanted to see if anyone there knew more about the events than the snake-druid was willing to share about the events.

Elisha found first the guard, who pointed to the dwarf silently which gave her a starting point. The dwarf had been heavily drinking and offered only a little bit more information. It was difficult to be angry, for a dwarf was, after all still a dwarf at that, drinking heavily was not unheard of even if it called into question what he was telling her. Her heart clenched, though her face showed little reaction, for the two men the dwarf described were not ones she would willing subject herself to speaking with unless there were no other options. The dwarf spoke of a female, clad in dark blue; whose manner was quiet yet direct in dealing with the males in particular. Elisha had a pretty good guess at who would be effectively telling two men to, borrow the dwarf's words, 'put their cocks away for there was bigger business to worry about'. Few females of any race were as direct as one of Horus' daughters, and if she was right there was a good chance that she could learn exactly what the words of the Green Mother to the wayward druid. The dwarf's description was canny of Lia'Drinda and that was heartening for the dragoness was clever-minded if somewhat mercurial in nature.

The discussion with the dwarf, Blackhammer would take some while, though it was a challenge at times to look past her native dislike of the stout race to see that the proud nature was what Den ‘ere loved most about them. They were not tall folk, but their hearts aside for their love of metals and gems were steady and their axes were well-aimed to slay an enemy.

"Elisha," The growled greeting was genuinely surprised, as was the low tone to the feminine-slanted voice from the pool that Elisha was standing not far from and turning to see that both Lia'Drinda along with Horus and Ryu'Jiin who was nestled up against the old drake's side nuzzling him.

Bowing slightly, Elisha's smile was genuine as she was seeing that they were relaxing together which was good as she could remember a time when Lia'Drinda was at philosophical odds with her family. Those days, so it seemed were over. "It is always a pleasure to see you, Ryu'Jiin, more so because so rarely do we meet in these days."

"Only because you rarely come to see me, you of all know how it is to need to be close to the little ones. You could have come with them too." Ryu'Jiin chided her with an affectionate growl that made Elisha smile slightly. "As you have from time to time."

Chided Elisha nodded at her, "Not often enough I admit and to my regret this is no topic for the ears of the young and impressionable."

"I wondered when word would come to the elves that I had seen though I do not expect the others realized how that may play into the Green Mother's intentions until after the fact." Lia'Drinda spoke up turning so that she could see the elven woman, who was interestingly enough a sort of niece, which afforded her special privileges even among elves with her family.

"Oddly enough it was dwarf, by the name of Blackhammer who did not know your name but could describe you as only a dwarf whose mind was addled by drink at the time in question could." Elisha answered her with a chuckle, "But the final notation was the way he could remember your way with words to the men who were bickering even over his own head."

"Ah." Lia'Drinda's smile was faint, "One thing about men, they've always got to have the biggest dick, and the smallest brain around. But what, do tell can I answer for you?"

"What did you see, what did you smell… what happened?" Elisha asked as she climbed up onto one of the boulders, sitting down cross-legged to listen to what the dragoness could tell her.

"Well, the weeping and anger of the Green Mother, the same as you felt stirred me out of sleep and not even the welcoming arms of my mate could make me stay still so I went walking, as I often do trying to quiet my mind and maybe pick up some new hammers to keep my skill sharp at the anvil while trying to figure out what had me restless. I had sat down for a nap in Sensual, by one of the pools which I do from time to time. It was storming, which was unusual, and the wind had a whimper and tormented sound, which was why I kept to the open air to see what was causing it. About the time I woke up there was a good storm going, and I could feel the ground shaking, I thought at first the old crag drake was moving in his sleep again as he does from time to time so the stories go but then I saw the Green Mother appear in the middle of Sensual before the young druidess, her name I don't know personally but I know a druid when I see one." Lia'Drinda took a deep breath, "I could smell bugs and serpents and yet I didn't see one single one of any. I could also smell the salt of the harbor and the salt of Mother's tears. More, I could feel her sorrow right as cleanly as she stood well her root did above the young lady. But Den’ere’s words I don't fully understand yet, she repeats what she heard, “ You had the love of the land nurtured by those that would have cared for you yet your path is darkened with your cold heart ..... should you wish to sleep among the snakes....then young one till your path is true from this day forth I curse you... Sleep among them you lay with them ....... "
Elisha was quiet, and only the soft movements of the drakes in the pool would be heard in the Valley for several minutes while her mind turned over the words. "No, surely not." She murmured her fair skin paling a bit as she strung together the implication of the words that Lia'Drinda was not fully catching yet. "But yet… turned to a serpent at the end of her last words... That is not the behavior one would expect of a druid of the grove, no matter how young and foolish they are."

"Elisha what are you saying?" Horus' attention was on her, even as his hand was stroking the back of Ryu'Jiin's head soothingly tangling his clawed hand into her dark hair.

"I want to be wrong, Horus." Elisha said repeating what Lia had said exactly, "Oh do I ever want to be wrong, but my heart warns me that the Green Mother revealed precisely what had gone amiss even if she knew not why."

"Serpent you said, my daughter." Ryu'Jiin spoke up slowly drawing Lia's attention to her as Lia nodded, "Serpents are said to be harbingers of betrayal, of darkness are they not my beloved?" She looked from Lia' to Horus with her dark eyes as the older drake nodded in answer.

"They are so it is said by the lore-books," Horus confirmed even though he didn't quite follow the thought that the two females were travelling down. "But what do you mean? both of you?"
"Snakes ... the darkness," Ryu'Jiin growled musing as she was soothed by the constant touch of Horus' hand on her skin. "It sounds to me as if the little druid you speak of slipped quite far from the path. Particularly if the All Mother saw fit to turn her into a snake."

"I cannot believe I am entertaining this particularly distasteful thought," Elisha said with a grimace looking to the three drakes, "But how possible is it that it was a literal meaning of 'lay with snakes'?"

Uncomfortable, Lia cast her gaze at her mother and father then at last at Elisha, "I would say that anything is possible, friend Elisha and that much thinking have the elves to do. What will you do with what I have revealed about the events?"

"I will bring it to a Council of Elders." Elisha decided looking at the younger dragon with a grim smile, before looking to Horus, will you speak on behalf of the dragons as you have done before, especially since it was Lia herself you heard recount the tale to me?"

"If I am told the appropriate time, I will come, as I have before to listen and answer what questions I can." Horus assured her with a small smile, as Ryu'Jiin squirmed in silent protest of his decision. "Better that I go, my heart's star and have a steady head prevail as Lia' still at times grows swept into strong emotions."

"I must go, I have messages to leave, and children to see to." Elisha smiled and bent to kiss both Horus' cheek and Ryu'Jiin's fondly, "And I will bring them to the Valley to visit with you and with their other family. Tell Mother and Kjorrath I said hello?"

"Go on, little elfling, tend the forest as I tend the water and we will meet again." Horus said as Lia surprised everyone by getting up and embracing the smaller elf, murmuring something in her ear.

"If ever you need one of us, drop a stone in water and call out, and we will come." Lia's soft growl was reassuring to the elder elf as she let her go the dark eyes of the younger drake watched the elf's retreating back.

"What did you tell her?" Horus asked, curious as Lia had been of her clutch to be the most reluctant to approach even the elf-kind of the small races.

"That if she needed one of us, how to reach us without having to search." Lia answered looking to her father, "Her heart is heavy and her mind troubled, someone should see that Caladhiel returns to help with the young ones, Chorrall can stay with the hatchlings here as he has become a handful for his mother alone." She said firmly as she saw her mother's protesting look. "You know as I do, Mother that when the little elfling focuses on a problem many other things slip her mind."

At sunset there was an unusual sight to behold; Elisha was walking toward home carrying a series of sealed notes in one hand. There were several of them, no less than a half-dozen which was an unusual number to be sure given that was precisely the number of members of the Council of Elders including Elisha herself. The sealed notes were placed on the doors of those who did not answer the door to accept them personally and did not answer the questions asked by those who did.

A Council of Elders of Rose Burrow had been called to discuss the matter. All that was left was to wait for the appointed time to come.
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As the cursed Druid made her way to mothers grove she felt the pain sting through her scaled form as she attmepted to enter the sacred temple of the mother.

Den'ere's tears fell like dew from her large leaves on ever branch, weeping for her lose... the curse having left the young druid banished from her sacred place, unable to enter the great temple of the sacred oak, until she found her way back to her own roots.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The serpent impregnated with the evil of the darkness she had taken into her, began to nest in the pools of sensual.. Later laying large eggs that almost immediately began to hatch releasing the evil into the city. The serpent twisted by the darkness fought alongside the serpents she bore. She attacked the folks that fought bravely to defend the city.

When the battle ended, the knights of Estaos managed to capture the serpent and get it locked away for its safety and those they cared about, keeping the evil at arm’s length as they attempted to find out how to cure the young druid.

Days had passed and little could be found to cure or save the young druid from this darkness, so she remained locked away spell bound to keep her in the cage she now inhabited. One evening a young guard who was sent to do his duty to watch over the prisoners and keep an eye on the serpent, heard noises. He made his way slowly to the cell upon which he discovered a fresh nest within the cell, the serpent laying again. He slowly, carefully opened the cell door making his way in to investigate. The darkness came from the nest in the form of many serpents that attacked him, biting him, filling him with their deadly venom.

The guard fought bravely struggling finally towards the odor, but the poisons so strong he fell, his body leaving the door partially propped open, giving escape to the one they held within. The guard convulsed as he lay there dying, o one to save him.

Through the tall grass around the goal the snake made it way to safety, escaping the fate for now that was too come. It was hours before the body of the young guard was discovered. The young paladin that discovered him made haste to bring the body for serves that his soul could be released to the Elshara of light. Guards were gathered and search began for the serpent now on the loose. Runners were sent to the surrounding villages, towns and cities of the escape. Reward is offered for the serpent in the amount of 100, 000 gold…. Hunters are warned to not attempt to bring this creature in alive, for it is considered deadly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As the Rangers of Green Edge and the Estoan knights tended to the captured serpent, the footsteps of one shrouded in the weave of invisibility would make its way off the docks and onto the soil of the elven lands, quickly pacing through the town and into the farmlands beyond. Masked by the pale moonlight the cloaked figure would wind his way through the fields and orchards the disrupting the night with surges of sickly green magic occasionally before vanishing back into the cover of shadows and spell work.

When the moon grew low, preparing for the sun to rise casting wicked shadows across the land the cloaked figure looking into darkness all around to see a horde of vicious empty eyes reflected back. With a spoken command a mission was given to the tireless watchers who surged outward away from their master, vile fluids and decay leaking from broken forms as they set out to accomplish their sole mission. Now alone in the clearing the figure would break out a smile before preparing a final spell for the evening and vanishing into the shadows.
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Weeks seem to pass, things tend to go un noticed, til the stores are checked for the winters rations. The young ranger stares at them in complete and utter astonishemnt as he notes that they have a problem.

Rushing off to Lia'didrias he quickly reports to the elven council that the food is all but gone, soemthing ahs gotton into thier grains and stored fruits and most of it has rotted away. He also reports that he saw something strange move under the floor boards but was not quick enough to figure out what it was or catch it. Perhaps this creature he swa was responsible for what was happenign to the food.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The druidess, her mind overcome by the darkness she had so foolishlly let within her. Her mind unable to hear the words of the green mother. Strange visions filling her mind, things not truely there.

Ever the darkness swirling within her mind fogging it and her vision to all but the imagines the darkness within wished her to see. She seeing the dark born serpents she had laid as her own she was driven to attack the poor guard alongside her perceived offspring.

Darkness still filling her mind the transformed druidess slithered off out of the goal .. slithering into the high grass, escaping.

This darkness driving her to attack any that crossed her path. Her finally making her way to the caves outside silver hedge. eventually slithering aboard ship on the way to sensual. The tormented transformed druidess somehow feeling herself drawn to the very place all this had started. Something pulling her to the very spot as if preordained.

Her hiding among the bushes and shadows there. Till by some chance of fate perhaps or the divine will of the Green Mother herself to bring peace to her lost child. The Knight/Paladin Lucas from the temple of Silver Hedge came across her as she swam in the very fountain where all this had started first.

The splash of her movements attracting the paladin. Her attacking him from the bushes in the water as he drew close, striking at him until finally he raised his sword, cleaving her head from her body.

The snake dropping dead, a wisp of darkness escaping it as he slew it. The darkness having been cleansed from the now dead druidess's body. Her spirit cleansed and soul purged of darkness, and returned to the Green mothers embrace.

Her sins whatever they may have been forgiven.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic