· Recommend Us
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 48 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
thedarkisles.com :: View topic - Yep me again... hihihi
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Yep me again... hihihi View next topic
View previous topic
Mawy

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was woundering if it was possible for players to build an area and send it to who holds the mod or they dont want player to build for them?

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are templates in the mod , i add to them ocassionally or make subtle changes as needed , we do not take in templates from outside the mod, sorry , youare welcome to browse what is there, find something you liek and we can go over what is changable and what isn't, as well as pricing for that particualr one

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Misty, I'm near positive Mawy isn't asking about houseing templates but areas to possibly be added in to the existing realm. Been thinking about that myself, such as for the empty tower past the Mercenary Clerics in Nektulos.
Azary

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Problem with that, is not one has the same idea and views of how things look. Dungeons etc....

HAd a whole slew of prefabbed areas and equipment I had made a while back and I lent to a server ones... think they ended up using a few of the dungeon ones and some of the items... the most was thrown out. Sometimes it's best to just be patient, sometimes it's good to help, just tends to put alot of guidelines on how to make things.
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

to clarify this ... its not an issue of what may or may ot look good .. its an issue of bringing things in from the outside , that can inadvertantly corupt the mod.. make it go poof and no more world, and theres the data base .. if all is lost there is not more world til things can be fixed

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

not to mention that if every one suddenly started sending erfs over it's making alot of work for the mods builders that have to look at every script, placable, item , npc .... just to make sure it's suitable and wont blow up in there faces.... ( not sugesting it's like... intentional but anyone can make mistakes) .... just controling player houseing can take hours if you really comb over *everything* ... I know it sounds like a simple request but it's asking for a huge comitment... er... anyways .... think i'm going to go look at those templates now ^^
DM Misty
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gives chevel a hug, ys aot of work , our biggest concern really is the possibilty of coruption and leaving you all homeless

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yes, tons of time, sweat, tears and every other emotion as well. :) I know I used to admin/GM and host a PW in the past.

plus I know all too well what Misty and Dark go through making this all possible for the rest ofus. :)
MerinTear

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pfft, Misty makes Dark do all the work, she gets to enjoy the fun part of tormenting us all! ..Errm..*runs like mad* I said nothing!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*smiles* ... i knwe a dm that took custom housing maps off people in erfs via emails ... but given the player base she had to check each and every placeable to make sure it was all leagal and above boord.... people tried adding items in all cheeky like... scripts and other stuff... bascially tried to cheat her rotten X.x ... and the allowance was for over 500 placeables over the two maps per house so ...... by the time she'd done all that she ended up sneaking in to play on a player account ( because she couldn't face it in dm mode any more) ... really made me sad for her because it's her hard work and they kind of drained all the fun out of it for her eventually... and even worse was that she was doing that work to make them happy and they was taking advantage... especially with the scripts and things... that's just ... plain wrong X.x anyway ... like i said ... the players there was all lame so it's not like it's a huge deal here... it's actually really good being arround people that don't act like kids all the time ^^ *smiles wider* ..... yeah anyway *hides*
Jamoise

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I beg to differ... Merin always acts like a kid :P
MerinTear

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey! I have no counter remark to that..*mutters*

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Merin it's a good thing I wovies you as I do.... * looks around * now I know I put taht button here someplace.... pffffff Dark doing all the work * giggles * now that is an idea though .. then Misty can play more * giggles *

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what to say either... but reading it made me laugh : P

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic